January 21, 2022
RE: RDCRS Grade 7-9 classes in seven schools temporarily shift to online learning effective January 24, 2022 - February 2, 2022.
As you would have read in my last parent letter we were preparing for a possible shift to online learning for our Grade 7 -9 due to a number of staff absences and substitute shortage.
Therefore, RDCRS Grade 7 to Grade 9 classes in seven schools will be shifting temporarily to online learning beginning Monday January 24 - February 2, 2022. We will resume in-person learning on February 3, 2022.
Schools impacted by this operational shift are:
- St. Francis of Assisi Middle School (Grade 7-Grade 9)
- St. Thomas Aquinas Middle School (Grade 7-Grade 9)
- St. Patrick’s Community School (Grade 7-Grade 9)
- École Camille J Lerouge School (Grade 7-Grade 9)
- St. Marguerite Bourgeoys Catholic School (Grade 7-Grade 9)
- St. Gregory the Great Catholic School (Grade 7 to Grade 9)
- École Mother Teresa School (Grade 7-Grade 9: English and French classes)
Your child’s/children’s school will be sending you a more detailed letter that will outline dates and times for transitioning of school supplies, textbooks and Chromebooks
We want to reiterate that these decisions are difficult to make, and we appreciate your continuous support. As always, do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher, school counsellors, and school administrators for additional support or clarification. We continue to pray for all of our staff, students and families to stay healthy.
Have a safe and blessed day. God bless.
Kathleen Finnigan, Superintendent of Schools
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools